After details of the Xiaomi S2 surfaced in firmware files, the phone has been certified by TENAA in China as expected. It has model number M1803E6E, features a 5.99-inch HD+ 18:9 display, is powered by Snapdragon 625, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo), has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash along with a secondary 5-megapixel rear camera. Even though the firmware revealed it will have a 5-megapixel front camera, the certification site reveals a 16-megapixel front camera. It is said to have face unlock.
It has an unibody design with antennas on the top and the bottom parts of the phone, has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 rumored specifications
- 5.99-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with 650MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 / OmniVision OV12A10 sensor, PDAF, EIS, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung S5K5E8 sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 160.73 × 77.26 × 8.1mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery