Gionee introduced the M7 Power smartphone in China earlier this week as Big Gold Steel 2, today it has introduced the phone for global markets, at an event in Thailand at the Thailand Mobile Expo 2017, as it had promised. It comes with a 6-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 FullView display with 85% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 435 and packs a 5000mAh battery with intelligent power management that promises up to 2 days of battery life.
It comes in high-grade 6-series aluminum back shell with laser-engraved and laser-drilled finishes and has a fingerprint sensor on the back that doubles up as a camera shutter key, to access flashlight and more.
Gionee M7 Power specifications
- 6-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display, 85% NTSC color gamut, 500 Nits brightness
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Amigo OS 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.3 × 75.6 × 8.6mm; Weight: 187g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 5000mAh built-in battery with fast charging
The Gionee M7 Power comes in Gold color with laser-engraved finish, Black and Dark Blue colors in laser-drilled finish and is priced at 9,990 Thai baht (US$ 299 / Rs. 19590 approx.) and will roll out starting from Thailand. It already has presence in China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines and Thailand in Southeast Asia, Gionee said that it will enter Indonesia this December and plans to manufacture phones there starting next year when it will also start selling products in Malaysia and Vietnam.