Ulefone has finally introduced the Armor 2, the company’s latest rugged smartphone and the successor of last year’s Armor. It packs a 5-inch 1080p display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, is powered by a MediaTek Helio P25 Octa-Core 16nm processor and 6GB of RAM. It has dust and water proof body with IP68 certification so that it can survive 1.5-meter depth in the water for an hour or 1-meter depth in concrete for 24 hours.
The company says that it has highly compact and sealed structure with inevitable structural gaps filled with waterproof taps and sealing rings. It has a rugged housing that is made of flexible TPU, glass fiber reinforced polycarbonate and metal, and the protective nubs that cover the four corners of the phone provides all-round protection from drops or falls. It is also resistant against extreme temperatures with working range from -40℃ and 80℃.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the home button that can unlock the phone in 0.1 seconds, PTT button, Shutter button, SOS button and also has Barometer sensor for measuring air pressure and altitude in real time.
Ulefone Armor 2 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.6GHz MediaTek Helio P25 Octa-Core 64-bit 16nm processor with ARM Mali T880 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera (Interpolated to 13MP), f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- Dimensions: 159 x 78.3×14.5mm; Weight: 270g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4700mAh (non-removable) battery with Pump Express Plus 2.0 fast charging
The Ulefone Armor 2 comes in Dark Gray and Golden colors and will go on pre-sale from August 15th. It is expected to be priced at US$269.99 (Rs. 17300 approx.).